This Microsoft Word Concordance Generator application provides functionality to:
- Create a list of every word that is used in a document.
- Identify ‘words’ to be included in MS Word concordance documents:
- Single word subject
- Single word name
- Multi-Word (subject or name)
- Bible references
- Sort potential candidate words for inclusion in a concordance file alphabetically (A to Z or Z to A) or based on frequency of the occurrence of words within an MS Word document (1 to 9 or 9 to 1).
- Produce multiple types of concordance files for insertion into an MS Word document to create an index (or indexes).
- Filter potential candidate words based on the index category (e.g., name or subject) to which they have been assigned.
- Load previous concordance files that were created by this application or outside of this application.
- Edit a concordance file.
- Merge or split concordance files.
- Identify words to be added to a stop-word file, which can be applied to an MS Word document to limit the number of potential candidate words for inclusion in a concordance file.
- Edit a stop-word file.
- Merge stop-word files.
- Produce a number of reports, such as:
- Frequency of the words used in a document (total number of occurrences and number of paragraphs containing a word)
- Words not in a concordance file
- Stop-word file additions
- Adjacent words (word pairs)
- Word length counts
- Anomalies found in your MS Word document
- Embedded words (i.e., words that could be part of another word, such as ‘hat’ within ‘that’; which occasionally cause the MS Word indexer to create false-positives).
- Process strings of characters which are made up entirely of numeric digits such as years (e.g., ‘1517’, ‘2020’), numbers (e.g., ‘40,000’, ‘10%’, ‘100+’), more complex dates (e.g., ‘2020-11-30’, ‘09/07/2021’), and strings containing numbers (e.g., ‘$400’, ‘3Com’, ‘C12H22O11’), and designate which to include in a concordance file.
- Identify Bible book references in an MS Word document and produce a concordance file (containing chapter/verse) sorted by Bible book order, a frequency report, and an anomalies report.
- Incorporate multiple separate concordance files (e.g., names, subjects, numbers, and Bible references) into a single Word document.
Download current version (V8.14). (Browser may give download warning. There are no viruses in the app.)
James R. Hughes